IFSKGIA’ s Instructor and Guide training and certification
IFSKGIA’s instructor training system for certifying instructors takes between 4-6 months to complete.
IFSKGIA Sea Kayak Instructor
To obtain certification as a IFSKGIA Instructor an individual must complete the 3 steps of IFSKGIA instructors training course.
Step 1. – Evaluation and admission to IFSKGIA instructor’s course
Step 2. – Participate in IFSKGIA’s 4 instructor workshops
– Pass the instructors exam
– Pass the technical paddling skills evaluation
Step 3. – log as an instructor apprentice 4 complete sea kayaker 1 courses through an apprenticeship position with a IFSKGIA accredited company; under the mentorship of IFSKGIA Association Instructor
After an instructor candidate has completed the three steps in IFSKGIA’s instructors training program and obtained a valid WRF (Wilderness First Responder) certificate and VHF license (restricted radio operators license) the instructor candidate will receive the status of IFSKGIA Sea Kayak Instructor
IFSKGIA Sea Kayak Guide & Instructor
IFSKGIA’s guide certification takes between 1-3 years to complete.
Step 1. Evaluation & Admission
apply to and be accepted in IFSKGIA 15 week Guide Leadership course
Step 2. Guide leadership course
– Complete and pass IFSKGIA guide leadership course
– Qualify for an associate sea kayak guide & Instructor certification
Step 3. From Associate Guide and Instructor certification To IFSKGIA Sea Kayak Guide & Instructor Certification
– Complete all the guiding requirements; pass the guides’ exam, and IFSKGIA’s technical skills evaluation within 3 years of obtaining a IFSKGIA Associate Guide certification.